View Profile FUNKbrs

All 18 Game Reviews

7 w/ Responses

It's the Tom Fulp redemption arc, and I am totally here for it.

Excellent game. The arcade coins system really adds to the replay value. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Necromancy orb, though. I like how it combines the best parts of a tower defense and a melee based fighter.

gamemakertim responds:

Thank you! The vampire and necromancer orbs will be available next patch.

No animations for attacks, no character graphics at all, and then add weird creepy imaginary text-only sexual encounters?

Seems too much like a text-only RPG to justify being an arena battle game.

If you want to see this done right, look at Sands of the Coliseum (also on NG) to see a good example of turn based fight mechanics.

Didn't like it. Felt like controls were made janky intentionally to create fake difficulty.
Error margins for obstacles were too tight in the instructional stages.
Not enough going on visually to justify game play, death scene was the only interesting visual and that happened way too often in what was supposed to be the tutorial levels.

Good game, interesting concept, quick and fun...
But saves don't seem to work.
Would be a solid 4 if the saves worked.

zorantronics responds:

We only have it saving the highest level you've unlocked so far, which works for our end. Is this the saving you're talking about?

EDIT: Oh, we've updated this game to a new version. If you've played before sometime this morning, unfortunately we've lost your save data :( sorry!!!

Been playing this game like crazy for months, the whole thing is genius. Some of the characters have balance issues, but I'm hoping a lot of that has been patched in the steam version. I held off reviewing/voting on this game until I'd played it for a while, and it's excellent and really over delivers on what should be expected from an online/flash game. 10/10, keep up the good work. And yes, I just bought the steam version, and I'm looking forward to playing the full balanced version.

The concept of the zoom of death is cool, but other than that there's not a whole lot going on here.

Could be a fun game, but the principle on how clicking a virus makes the virus either split or disappear is never explained. Still, I like how the game play could be fast and the soundtrack was at least colorful.

Control was clunky; there was no need for driver-style controls. Not so much as stock music, let alone sound effects. The concepts of how the puzzles are supposed to be fun is never really explained.

Character motion and camera follow were good. Might work with more traps to kill the followers.

Sometimes a small pneumatic combustion cannon is the right tool for the job. At least when the job is spraying blood and gore into a fine mist, anyways.

FUNK brs @FUNKbrs