View Profile FUNKbrs

All 104 Audio Reviews

41 w/ Responses

Very interesting use of polyrhythms. Track always kept me guessing. The steel drums sounded very metallic and punctuated.

Asskick247 responds:

yeah, just sorta put alotta instruments together on an app called BeepBox. i dont play instruments irl, but thanks for the review!

Sounds like you cut the guitar track then added drums after.

Guitars sound good, but that lumpy-bumpy out of rhythm sound comes from not putting rhythm in from the beginning.

Sounds like good game music, but ti's super cheesy. It wouldn't take too much processing on top of those synths to make them sound much less stock

PsiStarOfficial responds:

Ok thanks for your feedback. I'll try to make something better next time (because I agree with you tbh) :)

Not bad. The synths were almost too crispy in that they didn't sound particularly organic, but all the tracks cut well and the mastering and final volumes were definitely on point.

Loose-Rocks responds:

thanks my dude.

it's part of new stuff i've been pumping out.

420 blz

Little guitar heavy on the mix, but my speakers are shit so maybe that's more on me than you.

I liked the dynamic pauses in the guitar and the intricate hihat work.

Could have used more vocals, but then again good vocals are the holy grail.

Theres some timing issues in there, but the material itself is still good. Considering the effort involved it's a good turnover.

bipolarmunkey responds:

thanks man. yea my timing was way off in some spots. appreciate you looking past that.

I took a point off for the bass lines. So much melody going on and no vocals, the bass has some extra load to shoulder in a virtuosic instrumental such as this. Amazing guitar players on this, just needs that same zeal on the big strings with lots of metal on them.

DanJohansen responds:

I like where the bass is on the track myself, but I see where you're coming from. Glad you loved the track though man Rock on \m/

Your entry bothers me deeply, and here's why:

1: There is not much content musically. There are effectively 4 layers of this song, the vocals, the guitar, the background vocals, and the effects. They were all slow, droney, and repetitive. So much disrespect paid to the audience in that. Hurt ma feels.
2: The effects tracks had the most depth. Why is the most "comfort zone" skillset the highest in the submission? 4 minutes of mumbling and strumming and how many untold hours of mixing those effects. The result is a pig covered in make-up wearing a wedding veil.
3: The Vocals are mumbled. I can't hear the throat. I can't hear the diaphram. I can't hear the fundamental note. What I can hear sounds like a tongue peeling off the roof of a dehydrated mouth. I can't understand the words, just a big billowy cloud of nothing.
4: The guitar is lazy and poor. Why so many strums with so few chord changes? So much string sound with so little note sound. This whole song could have been 2 minutes. Why disrespect the audience by dragging out what adds up to about 1 minute of content into four minutes? Certainly not the lyrics, which couldn't be understood. So much amazing stuff has been played on guitar in other music, it's very disrespectful to present a guitar played this way. You could have used a tamborine and gotten more depth.
5: The background vocal samples, actually, were the most creative aspect of this piece. They were subtle and plaintive. They were the only reason I listened to the piece to the end to bother leaving a thorough review.

TLDR: I'm very opinionated. Many people will not agree with me. I only wrote this because I felt deeply you could find it useful.

I liked how you used good mastering techniques to shape your tones, but the actual composition was a little stock.

TechnoWolf99 responds:

Yeah, I guess so. As I said, it's kinda an experiment, so my next song will probably be better. Thanks for the feedback.

I hate to be a jerk, but this isn't blues. It's country and ambient.

It's good ambient, but frankly,, it's too empty. The blues is supposed to be jam packed with content and lots of FAST foot stomping rhythm .

This is slow.

Not that it's bad, theere's a lot of depth to the reverb and the ambient aspects are quite good. Blues, however, is head cutting music. When the blues is played slow, it's played with many layers. This piece was intentionally sparse.

Don't mind me. I'm from Memphis, and we're picky.
Old joke: How many white guys does it take to make a legendary blues band? Answer: 0

Lundsfryd responds:

I suggest you look up John Lee Hooker's "Tupelo" - if you don't think that is blues then you can call this techno bluegrass for all I care :)
Also I will pretend I didn't see that white guys joke..

Sometimes a small pneumatic combustion cannon is the right tool for the job. At least when the job is spraying blood and gore into a fine mist, anyways.

FUNK brs @FUNKbrs