View Profile FUNKbrs

All 103 Audio Reviews

40 w/ Responses

Hey look! It's harmony!!1

I like the way you blended multiple lines of melody together cohesively with nice smooth slow decay reverb. The tone's nice and kind to the ear.

chead86 responds:

Hah thnx man for the review i'll have to review some of ur stuff sometime.

-Chead

FUNKbrs

Nice use of rhythm in this piece, but you're WAY overusing solid non-volume dynamic buzz-tones. Slow fades on those tones would have seriously enhanced the piece overall. However, you're doing some wonderfully melodic things as the piece progresses. Now that I think of it, perhaps a mere constant left-right fade in those buzz-tones would be the perfect treatment for the piece. Give it that circular feeling, you know?

*runs off to go play with his microphones and his drums and hides from all things techno*

Pretty damn good....

I make all my audio the old fashioned way; instruments and a microphone. The piano track is stand alone good, really. The beat just kind of dresses it out. Frankly it could use a little tube fuzz on the beat, though. That would warm it up and make it more "human" sounding.

It's like techno...but GOOD!

It's nice to see techno based on metal principles and grind style. Most techno guys can't understand that stuff.

CasketGrind responds:

yeah that its basically my parody to techno. i guess this is my perspective of hardcore techno. ULTRA BR0oTAL!

Why is it all in the left channel?

two chords with crunch and phazer, all jammed up in the left channel.... Wait... that's just two notes, isn't it?

Meh. We all start somewhere. I suggest you learn some scales, or at least how to adapt a mono guitar source to stereo.

It was a little slow, and awfully disco

But then again, that's pretty much what you were shooting for, right? I love the slow l/r pan at the end, it made a nice circle effect. I would have liked it more with a 16 count high hat on top of it though. It would have added edge to it.

Pandora-Tranquil responds:

yeah i was mainly going for a hybrid dance\trance so it would be on with t3h origionality.

i didnt mean for it to sound disco tho lol.

thanks for the comments!

Can I be the Duke of cool ranch?

I mean, you're the Dorito King, so like, you should be able to let me be Duke over one of the flavor genres, right? I'm thinking cool Ranch. I could force all the smaller bags of chips to give me tribute, and demand prima nocte with thier delicious full sized chip women.

Also, I'm a (shitty) producer, and a relatively talented drummer. I've got a bunch of metal submissions I played drums on, and some acoustic material I've produced in the Bluegrass genre.

Besides, I own much more expensive equipment than you, which makes me morally superior. OMG! MACKIE 1604 VLZ PRO WITH TASCAM CDRW AND ALESIS COMPRESSION, ALONG WITH LARGE DIAPHRAM CONDENSER MIKES AND SHITLOADS OF SHURE SM57S AND A CRAPLOAD OF WIRES!

*yes, I'm a total audiophile. Hush*

PureCarnage responds:

I have to be honest, I started playing the guitar about 10 months ago, the whole gimmick started when I was flammed on a messageboard and my roomate had showed me 3 chords, I wrote Shitty Shitty Fuck... a song I shall submit... it started this whole downward spiral into depravity and weirdness, I have never fully recovered.

All I play is a 12 string acoustic...lol... I have to start listening to all your songs.

MY NICHE! YOU'RE SPREADING INTO MY NICHE!!!

There's just something about the way you speed up the tunes, that makes them hilarious.....

The best part is that imaginary line when it stops being about pets, and starts being about vagina.

Its almost as if I'd been doing Liberate the Cheese for 10 years and mastered it.....

FUCKER!!! THAT'S MY NICHE!!!!! I'M LESS ORIGINAL AND TALENTED NOW BECAUSE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME!!!!!

Meh, at least I play mandolin.

PureCarnage responds:

lol... yeah this song was again influenced by a messageboard... you'll catch my gimmick soon, it was a response to some random post to a thread of mine where the guy just replied:

My Cats Sleep in the Nude! *NT so I wrote a song on the fly for him. I will link you to an animation WIP for the song that this one inspired.

Sweet, you can play it!

It's awesome that you learned how to play that, but you've got some serious hum issues with your mike, and heavey strumming seems to create really bad clipping. You might want to adjust your recording levels, and the distance between your guitar and mike. You should also consider buying a nice mic if you can afford it.

Production is a bitch, aint it?

SwitchBladeClock responds:

sweet, you reviewed my thingy

thx for the good tips, i am going to start recording from my amp, like solos and improvisations and stuff, im going to start to become a regualr audio potal user

thx for the review! :)

Quality increase, anyone?

I noticed a significant quality increase in this one compared to your other submissions. Did you take any of my miking advice, or did you find a better technique on your own? I *may* submit some of my new MABA stuff tonight, if you wanna compare notes.

Sometimes a small pneumatic combustion cannon is the right tool for the job. At least when the job is spraying blood and gore into a fine mist, anyways.

FUNK brs @FUNKbrs